As we re-open and with so much hysteria and misinformation out there resulting from hilarious toilet paper run, unnecessary, dangerous and counter-productive business and schools lockdowns as per W.H.O (October 2020).
1) for the past 4 years a gallon of hand sanitizer has always been placed at the entrance of the gym for ALL players to use freely and every time they enter and re-enter the gym. Just plain common sense. NO CHANGES here.
2) Prior to entering the gym, temperature and oxygen readings will take place for everyone and ALL players. Temperature below 99.5F and Oxygen above 92% required to enter and participate in any clinics, camps, competitions, sessions or team practices.
3) All balls and carts have always been sanitized weekly. As we re-open it will be done daily and after each sessions, team practices and clinics.
4) The virus has been affecting mainly adults (only 6 cases below 18 years of age have been hospitalized in all of Douglas County in the past 10 months and as of 11/28/20, the great news is that all 6 have recovered).
5) Based on the actual data and until further notice, during sessions, team practices, camps and clinics parents/adults and spectators will NOT be allowed inside the gym - No Exception.
6) Following the executive order issued by Gov. Polis on July 16th all players will be required to wear a mask whilst in the building, and because of the extensive discomfort all players endure whilst exercising with mask on we will have plenty of mask breaks where players will be allowed to go outside using the back door , self distance and remove their mask.
7) Spikes will be hosting the Covid League played every Saturday. Only the 2 participating teams and one parent/spectator (strictly no sibling) will be allowed in the gym on their respective competing schedule with a maximum of 50 people inside as per state guidelines. Mask mandatory for everyone.
COVID19 UPDATE as of 11/28/2020 Source Tri-County: http://www.tchd.org/823/Case-Updates
Douglas county population of 351,000 and for the past 10 months (since February 2nd)
10595 cases total or 3.01% - 439 hospitalizations or 0.1%
Avg. age of hospitalized: 63 - 8 hospitalization for under 18, all 8 with underlying conditions, all 8 have thankfully recovered
97 deaths or 0.02% - 0 death under 44 - avg. age of death : 82
Highlands Ranch population 105,000 - 2047 cases or 1.94%